CNN Hero of the Year!
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
WOW! We did it! You did it! We won the incredible honor of CNN Hero of the Year for 2015! Thank you so much to everyone who helped us reach this point!
Words are failing us right now. Can't really believe how far we've come and what an amazing journey this has been. We are so grateful for all of you and your amazing support. Your votes, your tireless dedication, not only for CNN Heroes but for everything we do every day, everything we've been doing every day for years - having your by our side is the most amazing gift of all. THANK YOU!
The kids probably say it best:
Watch the kids' reaction to the CNN Heroes news in Nepal! We are so honored. Thank you for being a part of this journey with us!Posted by BlinkNow on Tuesday, November 17, 2015
We also want to acknowledge the 9 other amazing Heroes who are doing great work in the world. It was an honor to be included in this group:
- Dr. Jim Withers, Operation Safety Net & Street Medicine Institute
- Rochelle Ripley, hawkwing
- Monique Pool, Green Heritage Fund Suriname
- Richard Joyner, Conetoe Family Life Center
- Daniel Ivankovich, OnePatient Global Health Initiative
- Sean Gobin, Warrior Hike
- Jody Farley-Berens, Singleton Moms
- Kim Carter, Time for Change Foundation
- Bhagwati Agrawal, Sustainable Innovations
Again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Sending a lot of love out to all of you around the world.
"There is no time to waste. If you are educated and free, empowered and safe, you have to use your strength, your power, and your gifts to help the rest of our human family."